Posts Tagged ‘Transfer Request’

Blackpool’s Charlie Adam has handed in a transfer request in hope of pushing through a move during the January transfer window, Liverpool are likely to submit an improved offer after having a £4m offer rejected last week.

The Scottish international turned in another eye-catching display against Sunderland on Saturday despite the ongoing saga over his future.

The Scotland midfielder scored a penalty in the home defeat.

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway insists that Adam should stay put until the summer, but now he has to contend with an official request.

Holloway said: ‘Has his head been turned? Yes. It can be turned. He understands Liverpool is huge. With Kenny Dalglish in charge, the club is so stable.

‘They have got new owners and they are going to get back to what they were and Charlie deserves to play for them one day.

‘But that day, for me, isn’t right for this football club at this moment in time. Maybe in the summer because it’s a much better time to do business.’

Blackpool have since rejected Charlie Adams’s transfer request, with hope of keeping hold of him until the season.

Advertisements

Darren Bent hit the winner for Aston Villa yesterday against Manchester City.  This was after an eventful week when a feud between Bent’s former manager Steve Bruce and current manager Gerard Houllier had erupted around the sale of Bent’s transfer from Sunderland to Aston Villa last week.

Steve Bruce suggested that Aston Villa had approached Darren Bent long before the deal went through and is not happy on how Gerard Houllier went about pursuing Darren Bent after the striker handed in a written transfer request.

Gerard Houllier hailed the striker, scoring on is debut and repaying a slice of 24m Villa paid for his service after media critics were baffled by the move suggesting that he’s not worth that much.

Speaking after the game, Houllier said; “I thought the boy handled the pressure very well.”

“The finish was that of a natural-born finisher, something you cannot teach somebody. That is what he is here for.”

The England striker hit the only goal of the game yesterday when Manchester City’s Joe Hart could only parry Ashley Young’s shot into the path of Bent, who was on hand to tap in the rebound on his debut.

The striker said; “People questioned why I joined this football club but look at the players around me,” said the striker, who was watched at Villa Park by England manager Fabio Capello.

“Ashley Young, Gabby Agbonlahor, Mark Albrighton and Stewart Downing are all players that can create chances out of nothing and as a striker you want that kind of service,”

Do you agree or disagree that Darren Bent is worth £24?

Let us now in the comments section below.

Sunderland Manager Steve Bruce has slammed Gerard Houllier over Darren Bent’s move to Aston Villa. Bruce has accused Houllier of approaching the striker long before the deal went through.

Bruce insists a top class manager would have shown respect and called him to say they were interested in the forward but up until this point he still hasn’t received a phone call from the Frenchman.

The Black Cats boss also admitted that Bent want to leave for Turkey last summer but the he managed to convince the England international to stay.

“I would have thought out of respect and a manager of his status, I would have thought maybe a phone call from him to say ‘Listen Steve, we’re after your centre forward and your striker.’

“I would have thought, maybe that might have been the way forward, it usually is with the great managers I’ve had the pleasure to deal with in the past, that’s usually the case.

“But in this, so the whole thing has disappointed us and I thought we’d averted it last summer – he (Bent) wanted to go to Turkey last summer and we averted it then.

“So, it’s the timing for me – if I’d have known four weeks beforehand or five, six weeks beforehand from his agent or Darren that they were unhappy at the club and wanted to move on then I wouldn’t be in a position that I’m in now, with ten days before the window ended and with an injury to Danny Welbeck, that’s put us in the situation that we’re in and it gives you very little time to try and do anything.

“So it’s the timing of it and that’s the disappointing thing – all Benty’s thought of is himself but I suppose that’s football and that’s the way it is.”

“There’s a lot of people bitterly upset and disappointed, and rightly so.

“My big disappointment of course is Gerard Houllier too who up until this time now, I still haven’t had a phone call from.

Bruce said he was shocked when Darren Bent handed in a written transfer request, just as the club and fans were, “I think what shocked us all was the written transfer request with Benty that it was so brutal, you know.

“And then in my experience with him, what’s the point of keeping someone who doesn’t really want to be here.

“I have to say in the last few weeks we have all been scratching our heads saying ‘has there been something wrong with Benty, he doesn’t look himself’.

“But we didn’t see it coming and, yes, we were quite within our right to do that, but in my experience of these things, what is the point?”

Manchester City Manager Roberto Mancini has welcomed the decision Carlos Tevez made when he decided to remove his transfer request last night.  Only last week the Argentinean asked to leave in the hope of pushing through a move when the transfer window opens in January.

Just before the game last night, where City lost 2-1 against Everton, Tevez pledged his commitment to the Eastlands. The U-turn came after a direct conversation on Sunday with City’s chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak.

“It is very important for everyone; the club, the squad, for him,” said the City boss. The situation has been cleared up and everything has gone in a good way.

“It was important that we stopped talking about this situation. We are happy about that.”

Tevez is quite probably above suspicion here but this may look to the world that he has just done a Rooney. 

Manchester City Manager Roberto Mancini pleaded with the club’s fans to lay off Carlo Tevez. The Argentinean rocked the club last week by handing in a transfer request which has since been rejected.

The Eastland’s outfit face Everton tonight and Tevez is expected to play some part in the game.  This will be the striker’s first appearance for the club since announcing that he would like to leave.

“The fans should continue to support a team like they have in other times,” said Mancini.

“We should forget this (Tevez affair) because we must focus on the next game.

“The next 20 days will be very important.

“Carlos is a football player. He loves football and he plays like when we were young and in the garden.

“It’s the same in training or in a match and I don’t think he will be different.”

Mancini’s side lost on both occasions last season against the Toffees. The Italian will be hoping for a win this time around which could see them top the league table over Christmas for the first time since 1929.

“They (Everton) beat us two times last year, so I remember it very well,” added Mancini. “It will be a difficult game and a tricky game.

“We can play very well and strong. We can only beat them if we play like this.

“It’s important that we are focused on Everton and the supporters are focused on Everton.”

Tevez unhappy with Mancini

Manchester City captain Carlos Tevez has handed in a written transfer request. Tevez has been unsettled at Eastland following the arrival of Mario Balotelli. Frustration showed last week against Bolton when Mancini took Tevez off as a substitute.  In addition, Tevez hasn’t settled in well with Mancini’s rotation policy.

The pair also had a half-time row during the 2-1 victory over Newcastle in October.

It has been a well known fact that the Argentinean star has long been unhappy with life under City boss Roberto Mancini. Tevez is rumoured to have told chief executive Garry Cook that he wanted to leave two weeks ago and followed it up with an official letter last Monday.

Tevez has expressed his desire to leave and now wants to force through a move to Barcelona when the January transfer window re-opens.

Tevez’ reaction after being substituted against Bolton: